Task 1.4 - Further authority initiatives
- Listen to the clips below
- Reflect upon transition in your own authority/schools
- Share your authority's practice with your group
- Complete the task below
Consider your P7 pupils with dyslexia first of all
- Are they moving to secondary as 'confident learners'?
- Do they have an understanding of dyslexia?
- Do they know their strengths?
- Have they been supported to recognise and use metacognition?
- Make a plan of action by considering some aspects from the authority responses in the clips that you feel might transfer to your own school.
- You may wish to consult the spreadsheet below which are examples of practice from five authorities.
Task sheet TP1.4
Plan of action
Transition co-ordinators/Float system
Dorothy Connelly - P6 to S2 coordinator